Illuminate is looking for a Senior Communications Specialist.
• Independently execute technical writing activities in support of the Knowledge Management (KM) strategy, planning, execution, and reporting.
• Take detailed notes and facilitate meetings as a key aspect of the role.
• Write, re-write, and/or edit standing operating procedures (SOPs), technical documents, white papers, reports, and related technical publications to communicate technical specifications and instructions clearly and effectively to diverse audiences.
• Acquire subject knowledge through stakeholder interviews, observing the performance of mission execution methods, and referring to technical specifications, blueprints, engineering illustrations, and trade journals.
• Ability to develop strong relationships with senior leaders across the organization to understand key business priorities.
• Oversee the preparation of illustrative materials, including the selection of drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts.
• Conduct quality reviews of materials prior to publication and distribution.
• Requires a BA/BS and 18 years of experience, a Masters and 10 years of experience, or no degree with 24 years of experience.
• Requires a TS/SCI with Polygraph
• Senior-level expertise with Knowledge Management (KM) processes and strategies.
• Ability to work independently, with strong oral and written communication skills to communicate technical specifications and instructions clearly and effectively to a wide range of audiences
• Expert interpersonal skills for acquiring subject knowledge through various methods
• Demonstrated team leadership skills to oversee the preparation and quality review of illustrative materials for publication and distribution
Equal employment opportunity employer:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Illuminate is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.