Supporting DIA’s Americas and Transregional Threat Center (ATTC), the Journeyman Statistician/Mathematician shall, at the direction of the government, provide services to include:
- Develop and apply fundamental mathematics and mathematical or statistical theory to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize illicit finance and other data to advance analytic impact for counter narcotic missions.
- Validate information and apply client tradecraft as you build theories to validate analytic assessments throughout the intelligence cycle for senior policymakers.
- Leverage expertise in mathematics and statistical methodologies, tools, and databases to assist with the development of analysis informing senior policymakers and DoD officials of military capabilities, political-military issues and military strategies, and the doctrine and intent of the specified client area of responsibility (AOR).
- Develop and maintain expertise in mathematical and statistical theories to enable modernization of analytic processes and develop more efficient and automated methods for the processing of data.
- Coordinate and participate in briefings for senior administration and DoD executives as needed.
- Follow DIA’s processes and procedures for delivering comprehensive, strategic analysis focused on an assigned area of interest.
- Follow DIA’s processes and procedures for initiating untasked production (initiative production) on an assigned area of interest.